Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pollard Memorial Library

"By Saturday morning the sun is shining, the sky is piercingly heartbreakingly blue, and my sister and I are dancing over the Moody Street Bridge to get out Saturday morning Library books. All the night before I've been dreaming of books--I'm standing in the children's library in the basement, rows of glazed brown books are in front of me, I reach out and open one--my soul thrills to touch the soft used meaty pages covered with avidities of reading--at last, at last, I'm opening the magic brown book-- 
                                                                                             Jack Kerouac, "Doctor Sax" (1959)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any thoughts, ideas or information and of course good cheer. We have no use for trolls and will only cause the blog to become moderated.